- 9 large bell peppers (orange, yellow, red, green)
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 frozen spinach nuggets ( thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 3 cups cooked sprouted brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and cut the peppers tops off and remove the seeds.
- In a pan on medium/ high heat, brown turkey.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, tomato paste, black beans and rice.
- Mix well to combine.
- Place peppers upright in an oven safe casserole dish or small roasting pan.
- Stuff each pepper with turkey mixture.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove foil and broil until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve with plain greek yogurt and any extra left over filling.
** Makes 9 stuffed peppers, plus an extra 1/2 cup mixture with each pepper
Per serving – 502 Calories, 66gr Carbs, 11gr Fat, 34gr Protein, 9gr Sugar, 9gr Fiber