If these don’t satisfy your chocolate craving, I don’t know what will – GREAT for a quick breakfast on the go or an afternoon snack. I like mine topped with a little natural peanut butter…..of course!! 😉
- 2 1/2cups large flake oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or rub with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt cocoa, and protein powder, stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the banana, egg white, sugar, applesauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until blended together.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 -25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins, before removing from the pan.
Makes 12 muffins ~ per muffin 170 Calories, 27gr Carbs, 4gr Fat, 8gr protein, 10gr Sugar, 4gr Fiber