These “Simply Made Black Bean Burgers” are so good, you won’t even miss the meat!!
- 2 cans black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp italian seasoning
- himalayan salt & pepper
- 1/2 small yellow onion (minced)
- 2 cups match stick carrots
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (optional)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor ( except for 1 cup of the black beans, 1 cup carrots, and the sunflower seeds) and process until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in the remaining beans, carrots, and sunflower seeds.
- Heat a Tbsp or two of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- With clean hands, form the bean mixture into 8 patties.
- Place the patties in the pan and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve on a whole grain bun topped with a slice of avocado and cheese (optional).
Makes 8 burgers ~ per burger (without bun or toppings) ~ 228 calories, 34gr carbs, 5 gr fat, 11 gr protein, 3 gr sugar, 9 gr fiber