Simple Turkey & Black Bean Stuffed Pepper Halves
- 6 bell peppers (orange, yellow, red)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Wash and cut the peppers tops off and remove the seeds.
- Slice peppers in half and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a pan on medium/ high heat, brown turkey.
- Add onion, garlic and cumin.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and black beans.
- Stir in salsa.
- Mix well to combine.
- Stuff each pepper with turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in the oven and broil until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve with plain greek yogurt and any extra left over filling.