These Simple Quinoa Egg Muffins make for a great quick breakfast or healthy snack. Eat as is or top with a spoonful of fresh salsa and or avocado. Perfect for a meal on the go!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of baby spinach (chopped)
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 3/4 cup grated old cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups of egg whites
- himalayan salt & pepper
- 24 grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a two 12-cup muffin pans (nonstick) with olive oil or a coating of cooking spray.
- Place the quinoa, spinach, onion & 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, into a bowl and combine.
- Divide the mixture equally among the muffin cups (about 1/3 cup for each) filling until almost full.
- Place the eggs & egg whites into a blender or large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Blend well, until foamy, about 30 seconds.
- Divide egg mixture into the cups using about 1/4 cup for each.
- Sprinkle each muffin with remaining grated cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Using a knife or thin rubber spatula, carefully go around edges of each muffin to gently release from pan.