I could seriously eat this everyday!! Egg salad has always been one of my favorites since childhood and swapping out the bread takes away the heaviness of the meal and adds some extra crunch!! I also like to add cottage cheese to the mix (trust me you can’t taste it – I have fooled my kids 😉 ) to add some extra protein and make it go a little further – I also add a little dijon mustard to give it a bit of a kick.
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped sweet pepper
- 2 tsp mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustad
- himalayan salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 large sweet pepper (seeded & halved)
- In a bowl, mash the eggs with the cottage cheese.
- Stir in the onion, celery, sweet peppers, mayo and mustard
- Add the salt & pepper and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into pepper halves and top with more salt & pepper if desired.