These Simple Chocolate Chip Waffles make for the perfect breakfast treat. I love to prep a dozen or more and freeze for a quick breakfast on the go! Simply pop in the toaster and top with desired toppings or eat as is.
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour ( or whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- ⅛ tsp himalayan salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups milk (unsweetened almond milk works great)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp organic honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, apple sauce & honey.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, flax and salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Ladle some batter onto the center of a well greased, hot iron.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 – 4 minutes each.
- Allow to cool, then place on a baking sheet.
- Put pan in the freezer for 5 mins and flash freeze.
- Place waffles in a freezer bag and freezer for later use.
- Simply pop frozen waffle into a toaster, top with your favorite toppings and ENJOY!