Mmmm this is one of my MOST favorite ways to enjoy my morning oatmeal – although I could definitely eat this at anytime of the day. I find this to be the perfect meal before a trail run or mountain bike ride – giving me lots of energy to push through the tough sections.
- 1/2 cup oats ( I like a mixture of steel cut & large flake)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 1 -2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Place the oats and chia seeds in a bowl and cook according to package directions.
- Stir in protein powder.(optional)
- Top with natural (I like crunchy) peanut butter, banana slices and sprinkle with the cacao nibs.