Oooh this loaf is jam packed with yummy goodness and tastes absolutely delish – if I do say so myself 😉 Perfect for a quick breakfast on the go spread with your favorite nut butter – OR enjoy a slice mid afternoon with your favorite cup of tea.
- 2 1/4 cups spelt flour (or whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 medium very ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray or rub with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, ground flax, cocoa powder baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon – set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas.
- Add eggs, applesauce, coconut sugar, vanilla and almond milk.
- Stir in the flour mixture and stir gently until combined
- Fold in the walnuts, pumpkin seeds and raisins.
- Pour batter in prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool off completely.
*add in 1 1/2 cups of shredded carrot to the mixture