Mmm this banana loaf is so moist and delicious. The dates add the right amount of sweetness and the walnuts add the perfect texture. Great as an afternoon snack with your favorite cup of tea.
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (approximately 5 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp himalayan salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a loaf pan with light brushing of oil or non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix bananas, apple sauce, sugar, vanilla, and milk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry mixture to the banana mixture.
- Combine using as few strokes as possible.
- Fold in nuts and dates.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 1 hour).
- Remove from the oven and cool in pan for about 10 mins.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
*I find wrapping the bread in foil or plastic wrap and storing it in the fridge helps it to stay fresh and last longer.