Dinner made simple! I love being able to throw a few healthy ingredients in the slow cooker and letting the cooker do the cooking 😉
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts (sliced)
- 2 yellow peppers (sliced)
- 2 red peppers (sliced)
- 1 large yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp fajita spice mix (recipe below)
- 4 cups salsa
- 2 cup black beans (cooked) (or 1 can rinsed & drained)
- 2 cups organic corn
- 400 ml can of coconut milk
- Place the chicken, peppers and onion in a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Top with salsa.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Stir in black beans, corn and coconut milk.
- Replace lid and cook for 30 more mins on low.
- Serve with diced avocado, greek yogurt and tortilla chips.
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 Tbsp himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
*Place ingredients into a jar and shake until well combined. Secure with a lid and store until ready to use. Use about 1 tsp per chicken breast.