I love to make a large batch of these for the freezer – so perfect for busy mornings and so much better than processed packaged ones.
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin OR mashed banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Place everything in a blender (except blueberries) and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon enough of the mixture onto a hot waffle iron.
- Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Close the lid.
- Cook until set and golden brown.
- Makes about 6-8 waffles – 2 -4 servings
*Per 2 waffles – 272 calories, 29gr carbs, 7gr fat, 22gr protein, 9gr sugar, 5gr fiber